Sunday, September 30, 2007

Top Ten Reasons ...

I have been absent from blogdom:

10. Work, work and more work.
9. See above.
8. Moving. One of Jack's friends asked to rent our converted barn, so we decided to move full-time into the new place. So, my previous thinking that I had oodles of time to pack and move at a leisurely pace was suddenly gone. The good news -- I found yarn I'd thought I'd lost! The bad -- I really need to stop buying yarn. Really. Will I? Nah.
7. Family stuff -- better now.
6. A semi-serious case of knitting slump. In spite of the embarassment of riches found during the move, I have gone through a few weeks of being less than enthusiastic about any project. I'm starting to move on, though, forcing myself to pick up the needles, as well as do other things I enjoy but have let go. Why is it when we're in a slump, the we stop doing things that make us feel good? So, here's what I will be starting: Lady of the Lake, in a warm rust color. That should get my knitting mojo flowing.
5. In-law visit. Think of the most stereotypical portrayl of a little old Southern lady, and that's my MIL, Frances. 87 years old, making biscuits in my kitchen. Threatening to make something called "sausage gravy". And freezing in the cold (72-74) temperatures.
4. A severely sprained ankle. Damn I never knew those could hurt so much or take so long to heal! I'm still going to physical therapy, and frustrated at the lack of progress.
3. It's hard to blog when you're sleeping.
2. It's hard to think of 10 reasons why you haven't blogged.
1. I was kidnapped by aliens who wanted to learn to knit. (okay, see #2)

Rest assured, I have still been reading pals' blogs, and hope you all are still with me. Hockey season starts in LESS THAN A WEEK, and I'm scooting over to the knitalong to stir up some trouble.

I'll post a progress photo of "Lady" tomorrow, promise!

5 comments:

A South Park Republican said...

Welcome back to the land of blogging! Can't wait to see your Lady sweater.

Zarzuela said...

Yikes! Sounds like you've been busy. Hopefully hockey season will be good for the soul and good for the knitting mojo too. :)

Jessica

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you back!

Anonymous said...

So much for promises. Where's the pic?

Still busy I see!

Anonymous said...

Herzlich Willkommen in unseren Erotikchat.


Unser Erotikchat bietet dir die Alternative kostenlos nackte frauensexy und jedemenge andere Sachen,sicherlich auch Blind Date
Hier im besten Erotikchat erwarten dich kostenlos nackte frauensexy erotische Rollenspiele
Eventuel suchst du Live Dates , mit Sicherheit bist du hier genau richtig.Ok,los gehts,stellt sich die Frage,worauf wartest du?
Flirt und Sextalk chat erotic ,schnell anmelden .
Suchst du jemand in Neuenburg, oder in Oberhausen, in BergischGladbach , vieleicht von Genf, in Birsfelden? Sicher kein Problem.!